What options are available if I've missed a payment?
Updated 1 month ago
Missing payments can impact your credit score and make it harder to obtain credit in future. It’s always best to act quickly to reduce any negative impact.
If you can’t catch up on the payment now, don’t worry, there are other options available to you.
- If you’re not able to pay right now, but know a date within the next 30 days when you’ll be able to clear your full arrears balance, you can get in touch and request to set up a Promise to Pay. Find out more here.
- If you know you won’t be able to stick to your contractual repayment over multiple months, a temporary reduced repayment plan might be the best option for you. Find out more here.
- If you’re not sure what option is best for you or need more time review your finances, we could place your account on a short hold. Find out more here.
- There’s also a government debt respite scheme that could help give you time to seek advice from a professional debt advisor. Find out more here.
- If you have car finance and want to end your agreement early, there are additional options. Find out more here.
Call us020 3770 5960
Our helpful agents are on hand to support you.
We're here Monday to Friday 8am-8pm
We aim to answer in 2 days.
Free impartial financial advice is on hand
There are not-for-profit organisations you can contact for financial advice. The two below are impartial, confidential and free.
PayPlan0800 280 2816
Monday to Friday 8am-8pm or Saturday 9am-3pm.
StepChange0800 138 1111
Monday to Friday 8am-8pm or Saturday 8am-4pm.
Was this helpful?