Funding your Zopa IFISA

How to fund your Zopa IFISA

Three ways to fund your Zopa IFISA – and start bringing in tax-free returns!

1. Transfer money from your bank

2. Transfer-in an ISA from another provider

3. Sell your current Zopa loans

1. Transfer money from your bank

You’ll need your IFISA reference and our bank details to set up a bank transfer.

If you have online banking you can hop on to set up a one-off transfer or a regular standing order. Or visit your bank to set up the payment.

Illustration of pound sign
Illustration of transfer

2. Transfer-in an ISA

It doesn’t affect your allowance to transfer-in an ISA from elsewhere and you can transfer ISAs both from this tax year or previous years.

A lot of ISA providers offer great introductory rates, and then drop them drastically after a year. At Zopa, we don’t do that: you’ll earn our latest market rates on any money you transfer-in including previous ISAs.

So if you’ve seen your ISA interest rate dwindle or you’re just looking for something better, it may be time to consider moving.

3. Sell your current Zopa loans

While HMRC doesn’t let us move existing loans directly into your IFISA, you can sell them for cash, move the money across into your IFISA holding account, then buy new loans. Remember, you can only sell loans that are up to date with their repayments and there’s a fee for selling your loans early.

You can avoid the fee by choosing to transfer over money as your loans are repaid. We'll do this automatically for you if you change your repayment settings in your dashboard.

Or, you can turn off reinvesting, let your money collect in your holding account, then move it into your IFISA from there.

Illustration of for sale ticket

We’re here to help

Monday to Thursday (8am to 8pm), and Friday (8am to 5pm).

No ISA question too big or too small.

UK residents only. Calls may be monitored or recorded.

Not with Zopa yet?

Become an investor today.

You can pick your product later

Remember, with peer-to-peer investing your capital is at risk, and your actual return may be higher or lower than the advertised projected target return. Unlike a savings account from a bank, you're not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. Our risk statement has all the details.