Why was my application declined?
Updated 7 months ago
If we can’t offer you a credit card, for security reasons, we won’t be able to tell you exactly why.
There are a few things we look at when we make a decision, including your credit history and your financial situation. Please have a look at the list below, and you might see one or two which could relate to you.
We may say no, if:
- Your existing level of unsecured debt is high
- There’s not enough information in your credit file
- Your level of disposable income is low
- There’s not enough proof that you’ve managed credit well in the past
- Your credit score is low
- You've applied for a credit card with us in the past 2 months
Was this helpful?