When do I start earning interest?
Updated 7 months ago
You start to earn interest from the moment your money lands in your Zopa savings account. Interest is calculated daily and paid into each of your accounts or pots once a month.
When the interest is paid may vary depending on the type of savings account you have with us. Here's everything you need to know.
- Your first interest payment will appear after a month , on the same calendar day you opened your account.
- If you opened your account on the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st of a month, payments will be made on the 28th of every month into each of your pots.
Fixed Term Savings
- When first opening your account with us, we give you 14 days to pay in, in order to meet the minimum deposit requirement of £1,000.
- Providing you have met this requirement, interest you build up during this time is added to your balance from the start of the fixed term, so you kick things off with a little bonus!
- Your interest payments will appear each month on the same calendar day as the completion of the 14 day funding window.
- If this window started on the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st of a month, payments will be made on the 28th of every month.
Was this helpful?