Do I have to pay tax on my interest?

Updated a month ago

All UK savings accounts now pay you gross interest, which means no tax is taken off. So, depending on your individual circumstances, you may need to declare your earnings to HRMC when it comes to paying tax. For Fixed Term Savings accounts, you only need to consider paying tax on your earnings in the financial year the term ends.

Was this helpful?