Why was my transaction declined?
Updated 11 months ago
There are a number of reasons why a transaction might be declined. Here are the list of the most common ones:
- The transaction amount will go into your Credit Cushion amount
- If it’s your first in-person spend, you’ll need to use Chip and PIN to show it’s you – afterwards, you’ll be able to use contactless up to £100
- Your account is blocked
- You’ve not activated your card yet
- The transaction will take you over your credit limit
- You’ve entered the wrong card details, such as your PIN, three-digit security number or expiry date
- You’ve blocked cash withdrawals / gambling in your account preferences
- We think that the transaction might be fraudulent. To protect our customers from transaction fraud, we may decline transactions that look particularly suspicious, and block the card from further spending
- The 3D secure code was entered incorrectly or was not provided
- There may have been a technical issue on the merchant’s network
If it’s none of the reasons above, please get in touch by starting a live chat.
Was this helpful?