Why was my transaction declined?
Updated 2 weeks ago
There are a number of reasons why a transaction might be declined.
Here are the list of the most common ones:
- You’ve not activated your card
- Your PIN is blocked. This happens when you enter the PIN incorrectly 3 times. Find out how to unblock in the app with this FAQ
- The transaction will take you over your credit limit
- The transaction cost will take you into your Credit Cushion amount. You can edit your Credit Cushion in the Manage section of the app
- If it’s your first in-person spend, you’ll need to use Chip and PIN to show it’s you – afterwards, you’ll be able to use contactless up to £100
- You've frozen your card. If this is the case, the card will appear frozen in the app, and you can unfreeze it from there
- You’ve blocked cash withdrawals in the manage section
- We think that the transaction might be fraudulent. To protect our customers from transaction fraud, we may decline transactions that look suspicious, and block the card from further spending
- There may have been a technical issue on the merchant’s network
If your transaction was online:
- The 3D secure code you entered may be incorrect
- You may have entered the wrong card details, such as your PIN or expiry date
If it’s none of the reasons above, please get in touch by starting a live chat.
Was this helpful?