Why do I need to re-validate my bank details?
Updated 10 months ago
If you don’t have a validated bank account linked to your Zopa account, to protect you from fraud, we’ll need to validate your bank details before you can make any withdrawals.
If we can’t automatically verify your bank details, we’ll ask for a full bank statement (dated within the last 3 months) with transactions showing your name, account number and sort code. This can be a PDF, a scan, or a clear photograph taken with your phone.
The following are not valid submissions:
- Images of bank cards & cheque books
- Screen shots from banking app or internet banking
- Photographs of computer screens showing internet banking
- Account balances or Account summary pages
If we need you to validate your bank details, you will be prompted to do so when you next make a withdrawal. Where you will see this:
- Login to Zopa
- Open your investment
- Hit the ‘Access money’ button
- Select ‘Withdraw from holding account’
- If you need to validate your bank details, you’ll see a red banner. Click the ‘Verify bank details’ button
- This will take you to a list of the bank accounts linked to your Zopa account. If your bank has failed the verification check, you’ll have the option to upload a bank statement
- Hit ‘Upload statement’ and you’ll be taken to our document upload screen
Once your documents are uploaded, it will take a few days for our team to verify your bank account details. We’ll be in touch to let you know once they’ve been validated.
Was this helpful?