How do I transfer my ISA to a new provider?
Updated 11 months ago
In order to retain the tax-free treatment of any ISA funds deposited in previous tax-years (2020/21 and earlier), you’ll need to initiate a transfer-in request with a new ISA provider who will then get in touch with Zopa on your behalf. If you withdraw the money to your own bank account, this could impact your tax-free allowance.
To make your request, you’ll need your ISA reference number, which you can find in the ‘my details’ section of your Zopa account. Then, these are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Wait for the amount you want to transfer out to build up in your holding account
- Complete an ISA transfer form from the new ISA provider
- The new ISA provider will contact us with your instruction
- We’ll transfer the money from your holding account to your new provider
- If you request a full transfer out, we’ll only be able to start processing this when all your loans have been purchased. This means there may be some delays in processing your transfer out if you request it before the purchase is complete
For funds deposited in the 2021/22 tax year, Zopa’s flexible ISA allowance means that as well as requesting an ISA transfer, you could also choose to withdraw these funds directly from the platform and use them to fund an ISA as long as this is deposited before 6 April 2022.
While ISA transfer requests should be handled online from start to finish, if your new provider asks for our address it is:
Zopa, 1st Floor, 47-49 Cottons Centre, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QG
In some instances, your new provider might also ask for Zopa's account number and sort code. These are as follows:
Sort code: 16-00-30 Account number: 10212420
Was this helpful?