Can a business invest through Zopa?
Updated 4 months ago
Yes, they can, but there are some essential requirements. The business must be:
- A UK-based Limited company
- Lending for investment reasons only and not engaged in the trade of money-lending
You'll need to create a normal account in the name and details of a controlling Director. Before you start investing, we'll need the following information and documents to make some checks and then update your account to a company investment account:
- A scanned copy of your Certificate of Incorporation
- Confirmation of legal structure and owners
- Names of individuals owning more than 25%
- Names of individuals exercising control over management of firm
- Confirmation of who you'd like to instruct on the account
- Two forms of identification for the controlling Director and anyone else who is authorised to instruct on the account. This needs to be a valid passport, driving licence or EU/EEA ID Card, along with a bank statement or utility bill dated within the last 3 months.
Please send all documents using the email address you used to set up the account.
Call us020 7291 8331
Our helpful agents are on hand to support you.
We’re here Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
We aim to answer in 2 days.
Was this helpful?