Account Aggregation Terms & Conditions
Updated 4 months ago
Zopa – Account Information Services Terms ("AIS Terms")
These terms cover the provision of account information services through the Zopa App. This is where you can see account information for your non-Zopa accounts (for example, a bank, building society or credit card account) within the Zopa App.
Zopa (referred to as “we”, “us” and “our”) is the appointed agent of TrueLayer Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 10278251) with its registered office at Fleet Place House, 2 Fleet Place, London, England, EC4M 7RF, UK ("TrueLayer") and we act on behalf of TrueLayer as their agent to provide you with account information services.
TrueLayer is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 (SI 2017/752) (Firm Reference Number: 793171) with permission to carry out account information services and payment initiation services.
Please note that TrueLayer is your regulated provider of the account information services, and they are responsible to you for the provision of such services. TrueLayer's End-User Terms of Service sets out their liability to you for the account information services.
By using the account information services, you agree to be bound by the AIS Terms. If you don't want to be bound by them, you should not use these services.
The account information services provided under these terms are not intended to provide accurate, real-time information, and should not be relied on for that purpose.
2. Who can use these services?
To use the account information services you must be registered to use our mobile app ("Zopa App").
3. How the Service Works
- When you use the service via the Zopa App, we will transfer you to TrueLayer so that you can provide TrueLayer with the information needed to enable TrueLayer to retrieve your non-Zopa account information.
- TrueLayer will ask for your consent to access your account information. Once you have provided this, you will be able to instruct TrueLayer to retrieve account information about your non-Zopa payment accounts (for example, a bank, building society or credit card account) and then transfer it to us.
- To enable TrueLayer to access your account information, you will need to provide the same credentials that you use to access your non-Zopa accounts when you log in yourself on the original provider’s website or app (the “Credentials”).
- Truelayer’s software tool will use your Credentials to retrieve account information to then transmit to Zopa.
- TrueLayer will then transfer non-Zopa account information to us. We will aggregate and use this data to display information about your non-Zopa accounts on the Zopa App in an aggregated form, so that you can view your recent transactions and the balance of all your connected accounts in the Zopa App.
- TrueLayer will continue to access your account information and send it to us on a regular basis (no more than once every hour) for each provider you have connected, until you withdraw your consent via the Zopa app.
4. What does it cost?
Nothing – we won't charge you for using the account information services.
5. Your data
Your privacy is important to us.
We will not be responsible for the data you provide to TrueLayer (including your Credentials) to enable TrueLayer to access your non-Zopa payment accounts. We will only be responsible for your data once we have received it from TrueLayer.
In providing these services TrueLayer will access the following account information:
- Personal information: name, date of birth, full address(es), email address, phone number;
- Accounts: type (e.g. current, saving, investment, credit card), Account name, IBAN/Account number/Sort code/SWIFT, Provider Logo and Name, Currency, Current balance, available balance, and Overdraft balance;
- Card: Card Type (debit or credit), Payment due amount, Payment due date, Last statement balance, Last statement date, Partial Card Number (last 4 digits), Valid From / To, Card Network, credit limit, name of card issue, logo of issuing bank
- Information on transactions: Transaction Amount, Merchant Name, Transaction Type, Transaction Category and Transaction Classification (e.g. Income or Entertainment), Time; Description; Amount; and/or Metadata (arbitrary data that your non-Zopa account provider may associate with a transaction e.g. category).
6. If things go wrong
All content and information associated with the account information services are provided to you by Zopa on an "as-is" and "as available" basis. We make no warranties or representation of any kind (whether express or implied) as to the content or operation of the account information services, including the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the content on the Zopa App, including the account information.
As we act on behalf of TrueLayer as their agent, we are not responsible for the parts of the account information service provided by Truelayer,and we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by provision of the parts of those parts of the account information service. TrueLayer's End-User Terms of Service set out their liability to you for provision of the account information services.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us; where we fail to comply with these terms; where we act negligently or fraudulently; or where we fail to use reasonable skill and care to ensure that the Zopa App is safe and secure and does not contain viruses or other damaging property.
We are not responsible for any harm, damage or loss to you arising from or relating to hacking, tampering or any unauthorised access to your account information, Credentials or other data outside of the Service that we provide. You must make all reasonable efforts to secure your Credentials and account information outside the provision of this service.
We are not responsible events that are out of our control or issues that relate to how your phone or tablet works. For example, we are not responsible for any loss you suffer if TrueLayer is unable to connect to your non-Zopa payment account to retrieve your account information.
7. Ending the AIS Terms
These AIS Terms have no minimum duration. If you no longer wish to use this service you can end this agreement at any time by disconnecting all providers. If we want to end this agreement we can do so by giving you at least 30 days' notice.
We can also end our agreement with you without giving you notice in advance if:
- you've seriously or persistently broken the AIS Terms;
- you're using or allowing someone else to use the account information services illegally or fraudulently (or we reasonably suspect you may be);
- you weren't entitled to register or are no longer entitled to be registered for the Zopa App;
- we reasonably consider that you have placed us in a position where we might break a law, regulation, code, court order or other duty, requirement or obligation or we may be exposed to action or censure from any government, regulator or law enforcement agency;
- there has been, or we suspect there has been, a breach of security or misuse of your account, Zopa App, security details or a payment device; or
- we reasonably believe that you've intentionally provided us or TrueLayer with any false, accurate or misleading information.
8. Changes to the terms
We may make changes to the AIS Terms that we reasonably believe are not disadvantageous to you, or to respond proportionately to:
- changes in general law or decisions or recommendations made by a court, any regulator or similar organisation or ombudsman we have to follow (e.g. the Financial Ombudsman Service);
- changes in regulatory requirements;
- new industry guidance and codes of practice;
- changes in the costs of providing the account information services;
- changes imposed by TrueLayer, as a result of us acting as an agent on their behalf; or
- changes to the functionality of the Zopa App or the way we operate it.
We may also make changes without giving a reason but we'll explain the impact of the change and you'll always be able to end the service without charge before the change takes effect. We need this flexibility so that we can manage our services over a long period of time.
If the change is unfavourable to you, we'll always try to give you at least 30 days' notice before making the change. If the change is favourable to you, we'll tell you within 30 days of the change being made.
You can stop using our services if you don't want to accept the change and you may contact us in accordance with section 11 below, but if you continue to use the services after we've given you notice you'll be deemed to have accepted it.
9. How you can make a complaint
If you have a complaint, please contact us by:
Post: Zopa Limited, 1st Floor, Cottons Centre, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QG Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint as soon as possible. We'll send you a Summary Resolution Communication within 3 working days. Where possible, we will send you a final response within 15 working days. If we can't provide a final response within 15 working days, we will send you a holding response.
If we provide a holding response, we will provide a final response within 35 working days of receiving your complaint.
If you're dissatisfied with our final response you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
You may also have the option to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service using the Online Dispute Resolution platform. The platform has been established by the European Commission to provide an online tool for consumers to resolve disputes about goods and services purchased online. The platform can be found at ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
10. For us to contact you
- From time to time, we may contact you about the account information services by email, text, messages in the Zopa App, or by telephone or post.
- We may still sometimes send communications by post, for example, notices about a breach of your agreement. This may be instead of, or in addition to, communications by electronic means.
- It is important that you keep us updated with any changes to your contact details.
11. For you to contact us
Post: Zopa Limited, 1st Floor, Cottons Centre, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QG Email: email@example.com
Note: We may record or monitor telephone calls for training and quality purposes. We may also record the numbers you call us from and may use them if we need to contact you urgently.
We'll always use English to communicate with you.
You may request a copy of these AIS Terms from us at any time, by using the above contact methods. Please note that a copy of these AIS Terms is also available here. These AIS Terms are only available in English.
12. Governing law and jurisdiction
The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising under or in connection with these AIS Terms.
These AIS Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Was this helpful?